Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2016

fonts galore

I have a little confession, I'm addicted to fonts. There are over 1,000 different fonts on my laptop. When I scrapbook, I like to use different fonts on journal entries and title. The only problem with having all of these fonts, is I don't know what I have available in my collection. I spend a lot of time scrolling through the fonts trying to pick the best one. When I think I finally have one, I don't like the way one of the letters looks. Then I find myself scrolling again. This process takes too long, plus it hurts my neck to sit on the computer and scroll over and over again.

One day, I was browsing the internet and stumbled upon a free website called wordmark. This website quickly displays a preview of any text with the fonts installed on your computer. What a dream! I immediately began typing the alphabet, numbers, punctuation and special characters. The next thing I did was load all of my fonts. I repeated the process with capital letters. I was able to save the pages to print later to put in a binder. The website even put it in alphabetical order.



Now, when I want to preview a font, I can just browse through my binder and find the perfect one. The process was so easy and well worth the 15 minutes it took to complete the project. Leave a comment below to let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment