Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Organazing scrapbook memories

My favorite crafting is scrapbooking. With two children, I only have time to scrapbook their books. Maybe someday I will create a book for Brian and me. Who am I kidding? I will be creating their books for the rest of my life. Anyway, along with photos I love to add artwork, newspaper clippings, notes and awards to their books. Because I'm always a year or two behind, in the beginning it was a mess trying to decide which piece of artwork or note was from Sister Sue or G. I didn't want to put G's memories on Sister Sue's pages. I had to come up with a plan to organize these special memories. I started an accordion folder for each child and year. I keep it easily accessible right inside my craftroom. Sometimes I'm in a rush and don't take the time to put the memory away, so I have a plan for that too.

When one of the kids brings home a piece of artwork or photo from school, I decide if it will go in their book. If I deem it worthy, I write their name, month and year on the back.

















I then file it in the child's accordion file.











If I don't have time to file right away, I put it in a basket on top of my shelf in the craftroom. Later, I can go back and organize the items.




















As I finish a scrapbook, I print all of the photos I might use in the new book. I then take the photos and sort them by month, adding the artwork, newspaper clippings, notes and awards to the file.



Now I'm ready to create a new scrapbook. This system has made scrapbooking so much easier. Using this method, I can also plan the entire book, because every photo and item is already sorted.





No comments:

Post a Comment